October 20 thru December 22, 2022
Call For Entries: The Robeson Art Guild (RAG) is accepting entries for Hang the Halls, our final exhibition of 2022. Our goal is to Guild (pun intended!) the Halls and Walls of two galleries with the best of everything! Join us in celebrating the creative process during the chaos of the season. We want our residents and our visitors to experience the excellence of our artists and to have ample opportunities to view and purchase art for their own pleasure and for holiday gifts.
All art submissions for the exhibition are to be made at the Robeson Art Guild House. The Hang the Halls exhibition will be held in two locations. The Robeson Art Guild will select, and transport pieces as needed for exhibition at Gallery II. The locations are:
- Gallery I, the Robeson Art Guild House located at 109 W 9th Street, Lumberton NC 28358.
- Gallery II, Adelio’s Restaurant located at 111 W 3rd Street, Lumberton 28358.
Both galleries will be open to the public October 20 as part of the Art Stroll (6:00-8:00 pm) and the Guild House will be open by appointment, or during posted business hours throughout the run of the Exhibition.
Submission Requirements: Artists may submit as many as three (3) entries for the Hang the Halls Exhibition. The registration fee is $10 per entry for members of the Guild and $15 per entry for non-members. All sales will require a 20% commission to the Guild.
- Work cannot weigh more than 50 lbs. and cannot be more than 5 feet in any direction.
- Each 2-dimensional work must have adequate hanging devices to hang safely.
- Each 3-dimensional work must have its own display column, table, or other safe display device.
- Entries must be original, created within the past 2 years, and cannot have been exhibited at RAG previously.
- All media, including photography, photo montage and collage, are welcome.
- Artists must specify both a minimum opening bid and the estimated Fair Market Value for each piece submitted.
- Artists are encouraged, but not required, to provide digital images of their art pieces for publication. Horizontal images tend to look best and should be about 1240px on the longest size and between 400kb and 2mb in size. Images can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees: RAG members, $10 per piece; Non-member, $15 per piece; all sales will require a 20% commission to the Guild.
Judge: To be announced.
- First Place: $200
- Second Place $100
- Third Place $50
- Honorable Mentions $25
- Submissions Due: Monday, October 17, 2022. Entries are due and received at RAG (109 W 9th St., Lumberton), from 10:00 AM to Noon and from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Hanging Exhibits: Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
- Art Stroll and Opening Reception: Thursday, October 20, 2022, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Exhibit Ends: Thursday, December 22, 2022
- Art Removal: Art must remain on exhibit through the run of the Exhibition. The date for art removal is Thursday, December 22 between 10am and Noon and from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM at RAG (109 W 9th St., Lumberton), or by appointment.
LIABILITY: All reasonable care will be given in the handling and display of the art accepted for the Exhibition. All art exhibited is insured from time of acceptance until the Exhibition closes and the window for removal by the artists expires. RAG staff, sponsors, and/or volunteers assume no responsibility for loss of or damage to art.
RIGHTS & CONDITIONS: All art submissions for exhibition are to be made at the Robeson Art Guild House. The Robeson Art Guild at its sole discretion will select and transport pieces selected for exhibition at other Gallery location(s). The artist grants RAG permission to transport and display any art and to photograph and reproduce any art for publicity and educational purposes. RAG reserves the right to refuse, remove or reject any art. Guidelines are subject to change at any time. Entry of art constitutes agreement with RAG exhibition conditions.
Contact Information: Phone: 910-816-7481 Email: email@example.com