May 11 – July 6, 2023
Call For Entries: The Robeson Art Guild (RAG) is accepting entries for En Plein Air, our Third exhibition of 2023, featuring work showcasing the tonal qualities, color, loose brushwork, and softness of form of the changing details of weather and light that artists capture when they work outside, in the open air.
Watch for further information and the opportunity to register for upcoming master classes in preparation for the En Plein Air exhibition! Class participation is not required to enter artwork in the exhibition.
The Robeson Art Guild will be supporting our regional artists in preparation of work for this exhibition by sponsoring Dr. Ellen Burke’s Artist Residency in late April for our member artists. Artist registrations will be required: spaces are limited. Dr. Burke’s residency will be held in the gardens of Dr. Paul Baker’s home at 1401 Elm Street, Lumberton.
The residency classes will be for two days; the hours will be from 10:00 am-4:00 PM with an hour for lunch and an hour for personal sketching. Artists will return to our garden location and work in their medium of choice but keeping the application of paint in “wash” consistency. Dr. Burke will open each class with notes and demos and help our artists work to achieve their distinct value, texture, visual images. The second day of work on location will end at 3:00 PM with photos and discussion of each work.
NOTE: Attendance at Dr. Burke’s classes is not required to
participate in the En Plein Air exhibition.
Artists are encouraged to complete en plein air work at home and prepare the work to hang locally for the May 9th submission date of the En Plein Air exhibition. All art submissions for the En Plein Air Exhibition are to be made at the Robeson Art Guild House, 109 W. 9th Street, Lumberton, NC 28359.
Submission Requirements: Artists may submit as many as three (3) entries for the En Plein Air Exhibition.
- All entries must address the theme and the artist’s statement will be displayed.
- Work cannot weigh more than 40 lbs. and cannot be more than 5 feet in any direction.
- Each 2-dimensional work must have secure hanging devices to hang safely.
- Each 3-dimensional work must have its own safe display device provided by the artist.
- Entries must be original, created within the past 2 years, and cannot have been exhibited at RAG previously.
- All media, including photography, photo montage and collage, are welcome.
- Artists must specify the estimated Fair Market Value for each piece submitted.
- Artists are encouraged, but not required, to provide digital images of their art pieces for publication. Horizontal images tend to look best and should be about 1240px on the longest size and between 400kb and 2mb in size. Images can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fees: RAG members, $10 per piece; Non-member, $15 per piece; all sales will require a 20% commission to the Guild.
- First Place: $200
- Second Place $150
- Third Place $50
- Honorable Mention Ribbons
- Submissions Due: Tuesday, May 9, 2023. Entries are due and received at RAG (109 W 9th St., Lumberton), from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Hanging Exhibits: Wednesday, May 10, 2023.
- Opening Reception: Thursday, May 11, 2023, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Exhibit Ends: Thursday, July 6, 2023
- Art Removal: Art must remain on exhibit through the run of the Exhibition. The date for art removal is Thursday, July 6 between 11 am and 4:00 PM at RAG (109 W 9th St., Lumberton), or by appointment.
Art must remain on exhibit through the run of the exhibition. The date for En Plein Air art removal is Thursday, July 6 between 11 am and 4:00 PM at RAG (109 W 9th St., Lumberton), or by appointment.
Please note that all art must be removed when the exhibition closes. If you are unable to pick up your artwork during the scheduled time, contact us to make alternate arrangements. Artwork which is not picked up may be subject to additional fees.