March 9 – May 4, 2023
Call For Entries: The Robeson Art Guild (RAG) is accepting entries for Healing Arts, our Second exhibition of 2023. Our artists will present their work reflecting the important role the arts play in healing across the spectrum. Join us in exploring their insights.
The foundation for the New Year of 2023 actually began with “fleshing out” the emphasis on Culinary Arts on December 2, 2022, with the free gourmet hors d’oeuvres class and evening meal for 50 RAG members who registered for that special evening.
* Watch for new treats for RAG members as “fleshing out” of the Healing Arts Exhibition as announcements will include yoga, relaxation and simplification studies, mindfulness studies, speakers, travel to regional learning opportunities for healthy artists and healthy patrons.
All art submissions for the Healing Arts Exhibition are to be made at the Robeson Art Guild House, 109 W. 9th Street, Lumberton, NC 28359.
Submission Requirements: Artists may submit as many as three (3) entries for the Healing Arts Exhibition. The registration fee is $10 per entry for members of the Guild and $15 per entry for non-members. All sales will require a 20% commission to the Guild.
- All entries must address the theme and the artist’s statement will be displayed.
- Work cannot weigh more than 40 lbs. and cannot be more than 5 feet in any direction.
- Each 2-dimensional work must have secure hanging devices to hang safely.
- Each 3-dimensional work must have its own safe display device provided by the artist.
- Entries must be original, created within the past 2 years, and cannot have been exhibited at RAG previously.
- All media, including photography, photo montage and collage, are welcome.
- Artists must specify the estimated Fair Market Value for each piece submitted.
- Artists are encouraged, but not required, to provide digital images of their art pieces for publication. Horizontal images tend to look best and should be about 1240px on the longest size and between 400kb and 2mb in size. Images can be emailed to email@example.com.
Fees: RAG members, $10 per piece; Non-member, $15 per piece; all sales will require a 20% commission to the Guild.
Judge: Harry Neely has agreed to judge the submissions for the Healing Hands Exhibition.
- First Place: $200
- Second Place $150
- Third Place $50
- Honorable Mention Ribbons
- Submissions Due: Tuesday, March 7, 2023. Entries are due and received at RAG (109 W 9th St., Lumberton), from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Hanging Exhibits: Wednesday, March 8, 2023.
- Opening Reception: Thursday, March 9, 2023, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Exhibit Ends: Thursday, May 4, 2023
- Art Removal: Art must remain on exhibit through the run of the Exhibition. The date for art removal is Thursday, May 4 between 11 am and 4:00 PM at RAG (109 W 9th St., Lumberton), or by appointment.