January 2024 Juried Exhibition for CAM
In mid-June 2023, the Robeson Art Guild and CAM, The Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh, formed a partnership to support visual artists from Robeson County through development, exhibition, and promotion for successful careers. Our local artists will gain invaluable exposure through the major Robeson County Artist Exhibition in Raleigh at the CAM, opening March 2024 and continuing through August 2024.
The process begins with the January juried show in Lumberton at which art pieces for the Raleigh exhibition will be selected. The Lumberton show will be held at the Osterneck Auditorium. Once the juror from CAM has made his selections, the Lumberton show opens to the public on January 20 and will be available for viewing and private tours through January 29th.
To ensure that all our artists can participate, there will be no fees for the juried show nor for the major show at CAM Raleigh. Artwork does not have to be for sale, nor will commissions be due for those who choose to sell their work. Entry in the Lumberton juried show is required for the CAM Raleigh show.
JUROR: Raj Bunnag, Curator of Exhibitions, CAM
IMPORTANT DATES: Lumberton Show
- Online Registration: Open on the Robeson Art Guild website (robesonartguild.org) on January 4, 2024.
- Submissions Are Due: Monay, January 15, 2024. Entries will be received at the Osterneck Auditorium, 102 North Chestnut St, Lumberton, NC between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Hanging Exhibits: Tuesday through Friday, January 16-19, 2024.
- Opening Reception: Saturday, January 20, 2023, from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Exhibit Ends: Monday, January 29, 2024
- Art Removal: Art must remain on exhibit through the run of the Lumberton show. The date for art removal is Monday, January 29 between 11 am and 4:00 pm. If the artist cannot pick up their work by this time, prior approval must be obtained for alternate arrangements.
- Artworks Selected for CAM Raleigh: Information about delivery and any other requirements for the CAM Exhibition will be provided following the conclusion of the Lumberton show.
There are no entry fees for either the Lumberton or CAM Raleigh shows.
SUBMISSION & REQUIREMENTS:
Artists may register up to four (4) pieces for the Lumberton show.
- Artists must preregister their pieces online at the website. Registration forms will be available online on or about January 2, 2024.
- Artists’ photographs of their works are encouraged. Photographs will be used for marketing and publicity purposes, not for judging. Photographs may be uploaded with an online entry or submitted by email. Please provide appropriate credit statements for each photograph.
- Artists are encouraged to provide an artist statement for each piece.
- Please submit the physical details for all works in the registration form, including the value of each piece, the list price for each piece available for sale, and any unusual requirements for display.
- Each 2-dimensional work must have secure hanging devices to hang safely.
- Each 3-dimensional work must have a safe display device provided by the artist.
- Entries must be original.
- All media, including sculpture, fiber arts, photography, photo montage and collage, etc. are welcome.
All reasonable care will be given in the handling and display of art accepted for exhibition and/or sale. Robeson Art Guild, staff, sponsors, and/or volunteers assume no responsibility for loss of or damage to art.
RIGHTS & CONDITIONS:
All art submissions for this exhibition are to be made at the Osterneck Auditorium, unless otherwise directed. The artist grants the Robeson Art Guild permission to transport and display any art and to photograph and reproduce any art for publicity and educational purposes. The Robeson Art Guild reserves the right to refuse, remove or reject any art, for any reason. Guidelines are subject to change at any time. Submission of art for exhibition and/or sale constitutes agreement with Robeson Art Guild conditions.